People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
I read a LOT and sometimes it’s nice when a book arrives and it takes you by surprise.
This morning The 101 Greatest Business Principles of All Time arrived through my letterbox and I was pleased to find, for a change, a book that was big on inspiration…
– and short on words.
The book, first published in 2004 covers 6 distinct areas in business and for each one includes quotations from famous, sucessful and influential people.
Each section contains approx 20 principles which are intentionally there to spark your thinking and inspire you.
Having polished off the book in an hour, but understanding that it is to be used as an inspiring reference book, I have chosen one principle from each section which really made an impact with me.
- The fundamentals Dont be afraid of going slowly. Only be afraid of standing still.
- Investment Never invest your money in anything that eats or needs repairing.
- Leadership You gotta be first, best or different.
- Management Never mistake activity for achievement
- Marketing Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise.
- Success There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity.
The question is – which of the principles do you use, which do you know – and which don’t you know?
Perhaps it’s time to grab a copy.