Allow yourself to take breaks. When you consider all of the ways you add unnecessary pressures to your day, you begin to see many ways to catch up with today, or at least with this week.
This article is a nice reminder to slow down.
Stop doing 2 (or more) things at once it’s not good for you and it’s not as productive as you may believe.
There are some great ideas to slow down here, including
- Telecommute at least once a week.
- Consume only information which affects or interests you, not what you think you must know.
- One day each week, don’t read anything.
- Get dressed each morning quietly, without a radio or TV on.
- Do something fun once a week on the way home from work.
- Select news shows that astutely cover issues for more than 45 seconds.
- Regard each piece of paper entering your “personal kingdom” as a likely traitor.
- Begin thinking about your next vacation.
- Make a lunch date with a friend, not a co-worker or client.
- Pause for ten separate minutes throughout the day, each day.
Full article here.